Small Group questions
Day 3 - Pastor David
- What is one of the most memorable gifts you have received? Why was it memorable?
- Justification is free, as is sanctification, but the evidence of it is obedience. Have you ever obeyed even though you didn't want to simply because it was the right thing to do?
- We often "over-commit" and "under-deliver" where we do not do what we set out to do because we do not know the Word of God. What is an example of that in your life? How would you overcome that?
- Read Proverbs 19:21. What are some plans you have for your life? What are some plans that have not gone your way? What are some plans that you think God has for your life?
- Spend some time to pray for another.
Day 2 - Pastor Ryan
- What is an example of something that can be faked? How can you tell if it is genuine or not?
- How can you tell you are a true disciple of Jesus? What are some "genuine imprints" or fruits of a disciple of Jesus?
- Salvation is personal and individual. Do you find yourself actively pursuing a relationship with God or do you find yourself relying on the faith of others around you?
- Have you ever experienced peer pressure? Have you ever done something that you didn't want to do, but did it anyway simply to identify with a group?
- Read Matthew 7:21-23 together. What is an example of "lip-service" in your life (just saying you'll do something, but not doing it)?
- Religious activities do not save us. But IF religious activities did save us, what are some things you would put on your spiritual résumé?
- Have you ever been blamed for something you never did? Have you ever TAKEN the blame for someone or has someone else ever taken the blame for you?
- As Christians we can have the assurance of salvation (knowing 100% you are saved) because of Jesus. How sure are you of your salvation? Where are you in your relationship with God?
- Spend some time praying for one another.
Day 1 - Pastor Peter
- Choose 1 of 2:
- firm tofu or soft tofu
- firm bed or soft bed
- crunchy cookie or chewy cookie
- What are some things you only "hear" but not "do"? In other words, what are some things you know you're supposed to do (or not do), but you find it difficult to actually DO?
- The true foundation is oftentimes hidden from the surface. What are some superficial characteristics in people (or yourself) that are easy to cover up (pretend or make oneself look better than they are)?
- Jesus says there will be storms in your lives. What are some storms in your life that have tested and proven your relationship with God (made your walk with God stronger)? What are some storms that actually made it hard to trust in God?
- Your foundation will either be Jesus or sand. Are there moments in your life where the "sands" (temporary pleasures, laziness, selfishness, etc.) of life disappointed you?
- Read Psalm 119:11 together. Has there ever been a time when God's word kept you grounded? (e.g., kept you from sin, gave you hope, etc.)
- What are some areas in your life you want God to "build my life" - areas in your life you want consistency, stability, and a firm foundation?
- Spend some time to pray for one another.